The Program Specialist role is a rewarding position working directly with youth, volunteers and community leaders. This is a great opportunity to directly impact the lives of our youth by teaching skills that will challenge them physically and mentally, help build character and instill the values of good citizenship and community service. The program specialist is responsible for providing leadership to Scouts and their families.
They are also charged with the maintenance of quality Scouting programs for youth in underserved communities in accordance with the Mission Statement of the Boy Scouts of America. Focus is on advancement, youth participation, outdoor program and the cultivation and development of adult volunteer leaders. This is not a conventional 9-5 office job…you will be working out in the community. If you are a “people person” who wants to make a difference in the lives of youth and have good communication skills – this is the job for you!
Job Responsibilities Include
- Run Scouting meetings twice a month at identified program locations
- Recruit youth into Scouting
- Help Scouts achieve rank advancements
- Recruit and support volunteers to assist with meetings and activities
- Increase program quality through retention of youth and adults, advancement and youth participation
- Serve as an ambassador of the Scouting program, always striving to deliver the mission of the program
- Support fundraising campaigns
- Must be 21 years of age or over
- Subject to driving record and a criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Scouting background not required. Men and women welcome to apply.
- Must be able to work varied hours when necessary
- Bilingual is a plus
- Normally 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. select Monday’s through Friday’s
- Occasional weekend work
- Part-time position
- Meet monthly with the Vice-President of ScoutReach and OutReach Director to monitor program
Interested candidates, please send resume to: Ty Washington, OutReach Director.