Circle Ten Council, Boy Scouts of America – Dallas, TX
$75,200 per year – ($65,000 base salary + $750 per month auto stipend +$100 per month phone stipend)
The role of a Program Director is to give leadership to the achievement of the council’s philosophy, mission, and strategy, and to its annual objectives and goals within one or more service areas. This position oversees volunteers at the council and district level while developing, planning, and delivering quality programs within Circle Ten Council.
The Program Director helps to build and deliver quality customer experiences at council program events and activities resulting in better Scout retention through quality experiences and ultimately helping contribute to growth of the Scouting program. The Executive will conduct activities and events and manage event budgets and helps to secure gift in kind donations. The Executive helps to recruit, train and oversee staff and volunteers to deliver Scouting programs. The Executive acts as the operational officer of the event / activity accepting responsibility for the success or failure of a specific share of the enterprise.
The Program Director will:
- Be the chief spokesperson for the council at assigned events or activities to assure that the council is properly represented.
- Be staff advisor to a major council committee(s).
- Serve as a staff leader to member(s) of the program team.
- Recruits, develops, and maintains an effective volunteer management team.
- Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include retention markers, volunteer recruitment and training, and program development.
- Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned area. Achieve net income and participation objectives for assigned camps and activities.
- Work with a volunteers and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
- Performs other special responsibilities as assigned, based upon the council’s needs.
- Serve as the direct staff advisor to assigned events or activities, which can include the following (list is not exhaustive) ensuring that both program and budget goals are met:
- Day Camps
- Parent n’ Pals
- Retention of Cub Scout events (i.e.”Keep the Promise” events)
- Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular hours to achieve council and district objectives.
- Provides leadership to volunteer staff in the assigned service area(s).
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Prior experience in Scouting is desirable.
- Seeking individual who is professional in dress, well-spoken and comfortable in social and networking settings.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication and verbal presentation skills.
- Proven project management success and skills in community organization. Individual should understand the process to identify potential upper-level prospects and have skill set to engage other volunteers to approach potential prospects.
- Ability to supervise volunteer staff utilizing effective back-dating and work scheduling.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with passionate and committed people.
- Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Must possess a focus on continuous improvement and growth, both within the organization and with self.
- Flexible schedule frequently required for evening/weekend events
- Team player, positive attitude and willing to learn.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. Circle Ten Council offers at minimum of $750 car allowance and $100 Cell Phone allowance each month in addition to salary.
In addition to offering a competitive salary starting at $65,000+, Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business – related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous PTO policy and holiday observances.
Locations: Dallas/Fort Worth area
Interested candidates, please send resume to:
Jordan Ray, Director of Talent Management
Circle Ten Council, B.S.A
8605 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75235